SQL Server Consulting – Overview
Mike Walsh has been working exclusively with SQL Server for fifteen years, the last few years as a SQL Server consultant. He is a SQL Server blogger, speaker and has been recognized by Microsoft as a SQL Server MVP four years in a row since 2011. His experience, knowledge and expertise will quickly help you and your team find the right way to SQL Server peace of mind. Have a look at what some past clients say about working with Mike.
In 2012, Mike joined forces with a specialized consultancy focused on the Microsoft Data Platform, Linchpin People. Linchpin is made up of consultants who are experts, bloggers, speakers, MVPs and the full team is motivated to help bring you and your environment where you want and need to go. Whether it is consulting, mentoring or a little of both – Mike’s excited to help you with the rest of the team at Linchpin. Mike is a Partner at Linchpin People and is the practice lead of the WellDBA™ Practice. This is the practice focused on consulting and mentoring with SQL Server performance, Database Administration and infrastructure architecture for optimal SQL Server performance. Contact Linchpin People today to schedule a no obligation conference call consultation to discuss your current SQL Server challenges with Mike and the Linchpin team and see if there is a good fit for us to add value to your environment.
Contact Us Today To See How We Could Help:
SQL Server Consulting – Engagements
SQL Server Consultants are ready to help in many areas:
- SQL Server Health & Performance Checks (WellDBA Exam) - In this consulting engagement, we efficiently analyze your SQL Server instances, the databases on them, the Windows Server they live on and your hardware or virtualized resources if running SQL Server in a VMWare or Hyper-V environment. We look at performance, reliability, recoverability, security and availability and help guide you through the blind spots with our customized action plan that suits the needs of your environment. Whether you have a Database Administrator team or not our plan will point you in the right direction. A SQL Server consultant can help guide you through implementation of the findings or you can use the guide we leave you with and the mentoring we gave you in the review meeting to meet the challenges head on.
- SQL Server Performance Tuning - Helping you get the most out of your SQL Server environment. We make sure you are using the resources you have appropriately, rather than throw hardware at a problem, we can help you utilize your hardware more efficiently.
- SQL Server Database Design and Development - Hiring a SQL Server consultant who has helped many environments recover from bad decisions can help you avoid those in the beginning on your next project. Whether it is mentoring your staff or designing and building, we can make your project go right from the start.
- SQL Server Virtualization Consulting - Going virtual? Currently Virtual? We can help make sure you are following all of the necessary best practices, making sure your environment is properly configured and provide guidance on architecture for the best SQL Server performance in a virtual environment. We’ve consulted for shops running VMWare, Hyper-V and even Citrix XenServer.
- Remote DBA Services and Support.
- Contact Mike today for your specific challenges and needs
Hiring The Right SQL Server Consultant
When looking to bring on a consultant to guide your team, you want to see your needs met quickly and efficiently. You want to see your team mentored and see knowledge transfer. The typical consulting engagement for us has no fixed length of time, but our goal is always to make the need for us go down as soon as possible. Whether that is quickly building in efficiencies and automation of routine processes or sharing in depth knowledge with your team. We want you to succeed and we are honored to be a part of that, but we never want to stay just to stay and bill. You can reach out to Mike on his cell also - 603.203.9797. Linchpin People consultants are spread around the nation – Mike can help you wherever you are, but he is local to Boston, MA; Portland, ME and Manchester, NH.
Mike is a very skilled SQL DBA – very sound and dependable. Never shy about taking on added responsibility. Best of all Mike is always looking to improve the situation, be it something in his direct control or other parts of the organization. Always a pleasure to work with, always a value add to very project we worked on. - IT Infrastructure Director from health services company